Note: Some of the following works can be retrieved at my academia.edu site.
Book Reviews, Review Essays, and Book Notes
- Wolfgang Vondey, Pentecostal Theology: Living the Full Gospel (London, UK: Bloomsbury T&T Clark, 2017), in Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies (forthcoming, 2018).
- Daniel Castelo, Pentecostalism as a Christian Mystical Tradition (Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2017), in Pneuma Review, forthcoming, 2017.
- Mark J. Cartledge and A.J. Swoboda, eds., Scripting Pentecost: A Study of Pentecostals, Worship and Liturgy (London, UK: Routledge, 2017), in The Pentecostal Educator No. 1 (Spring 2017): 24-26.
- Wolfgang Vondey, Pentecostalism: A Guide for the Perplexed (London, UK: Bloomsbury T&T Clark, 2013), in Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies No. 2 (August 2016): 228-232.
- Jeremiah Gibbs, Apologetics after Lindbeck: Faith, Reason, and the Cultural-Linguistic Turn (Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2015), in The Pentecostal Educator No. 2 (Fall 2016): 49-52.
- Amos Yong, The Dialogical Spirit: Christian Reason and Theological Method in the Third Millennium (Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock Publishers; Cascade Books, 2014); idem. The Missiological Spirit: Christian Mission Theology in the Third Millennium Global Context. Eugene (OR: Wipf & Stock Publishers; Cascade Books, 2014), in The Pentecostal Educator No. 1 (Spring 2016): 41-46.
- Simon Chan, Grassroots Asian Theology: Thinking the Faith from the Ground Up. Downers Grove (Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2014), in The Pentecostal Educator 2, No. 1 (Spring 2015): 64-67.
- William Oliverio, Jr., Theological Hermeneutics in the Classical Pentecostal Tradition: A Typological Account (Netherlands: Brill, 2012), in Pneuma Review, April 20, 2015. pneumareview.com/bill-oliverio-theological-hermeneutics-in-the-classical-pentecostal-tradition.
- Robert P. Menzies, Pentecost: This Story is Our Story (Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2013), in Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies No. 1 (February 2015): 127-130.
- Tony Richie, Toward a Pentecostal Theology of Religions: Encountering Cornelius Today (Cleveland, TN: CPT Press, 2013), in Religious Studies Review No. 4 (December 2014): 208.
- Peter D. Neumann, Pentecostal Experience: An Ecumenical Encounter. Princeton Theological Monograph Series 187 (Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications; Wipf and Stock Publishers, 2012), in Encounter: Journal for Pentecostal Ministry, vol 11 (Summer 2014).
- Andy Lord, Network Church: A Pentecostal Ecclesiology Shaped by Mission (Netherlands: Brill, 2012), in Pneuma Review, April 16, 2014. com/reflections-on-andy-lord-network-church
- John MacArthur, Strange Fire: The Danger of Offending the Holy Spirit with Counterfeit Worship (Nashville, TN: Nelson Books, 2013), in The Pneuma Review, December, 2013. pneumareview.com/john-macarthurs-strange-fire-reviewed-monte-rice.
- Amos Yong, Spirit of Love: A Trinitarian Theology of Grace (Waco TX: Baylor University Press, 2012), in Encounter: Journal for Pentecostal Ministry. Vol. 10 (Fall 2013).
- Steven M. Studebaker, From Pentecost to the Triune God: A Pentecostal Trinitarian Theology (Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2012), in Encounter: Journal for Pentecostal Ministry. Vol. 10 (Fall 2013).